20 Little Things
If I could pick and choose my seasons and live through them year 'round, it would be six months of autumn followed by six months of spring. We'd forget about Old Man Winter and the Dog Days of Summer. Following the prompt from Melissa at The Inspired Room (and don't you just love her blog? Always inspiring (of course), and so chock full of great ideas), here are my 20 little things to treasure in autumn...
1. The colors of the season...mellow earth tones replacing the brights and bolds of summer.
2. Hot beverages...cider, tea, hot chocolate...I love them all.
3. Pumpkins and gourds in free-for-all displays
4. Stews and soups simmering in the crockpot.
5. The scents of autumn...cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, "pie spice"
6. Candle-lit evenings
7. Spare time spent in gift-making for the holidays.
8. Leaf sounds rustling underfoot.
9. The crisp scent of the air at night...with little hints of wood-burning fireplaces.
10. Bonfires, marshmallows, and storytelling around the fire.
11. Bread making and baking
12. Halloween...my favorite holiday
14. Pulling back on home heating..."free" (if you will) days from the power company.
15. Harvest meals
16. Wool socks
18. Clear skies, sunshine, and NO humidity
19. Fall festivals
20. Family gatherings