While catching up on blogfriend visits this morning, I came across this easy (sounding, anyway) ornament project. I really like toile...even though I'm going for the pastel look this Christmas, they would be great package tie-ons, and I'm sure I can find a way to incorporate toile into my holiday decorating...the red and white would be great around Valentine's Day, too.
Here are the directions, as found on the Better Homes & Gardens website:
- A piece of toile pattern trimmed from a dinner napkin and decoupaged onto a basic ball becomes an elegant ornament.
What You Need
Red and white spray paint
Medium-size drinking cups with 3-inch-diameter openings
Flat artist's brush
How to Make It
1. Remove the ornament tops and spray-paint some with red, others with white.
2. To steady the ornaments, place them top side down into the cups.
3. Cut out images from the napkins and lay them right side down into the palm of your hand.
4. Brush a thin coat of decoupage medium on the image, and carefully press it onto the ornament, smoothing wrinkles.
5. Allow ornaments to thoroughly dry in the cups.
6. Replace the painted ornament tops.